Friday, October 07, 2005

Braves Win! Braves Win! Braves Win!

Wow. What a great game last night. Atlanta beat Houston 7-1. What an exciting came to see John Smoltz outpitch Roger 'The Rocket' Clemens. He had nothing on Smoltz last night. A friend/church brother/father of one of my wrestlers got some tickets through a connection he had and we sat right next to the Braves dugout, row 9. That's the best seats I've ever had, ever.

There's just something about baseball in October. I know that Braves are one of the best teams in the last 14 years, so sometimes Atlantans take the playoffs for granted. I don't now and I can tell this team is hot and they are hungry. It's so fun to see guys like Francoeur and McCann and Langerhans play. They're just kids. They make it exciting everytime they are in the game.

Back in high school I would have scoffed at rooting for the Braves (since they stole the 91 NL title from us) but now since I've lived in Atlanta for almost seven years, it's time to starting rooting for the home team.

0 comments: