10 Things I learned or observed from Love and Respect by Dr. Emmerson Eggerichs
I had the chance to read this book and honestly it is the best relationship book I have ever read completely. There are many principles in this book that you can take to the bank. Read it.
1. Ephesians 5:33 says, “let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.”
2. I really do need respect from Erin.
3. Erin really does need my love.
4. This book would be about 80 pages instead of the 300 that it is if you took out all the testimonials. I started skipping them after a while. That doesn’t take anything away from the book but it did make it a faster read.
5. It is so easy to get into the Crazy Cycle and so hard to get out and into the Energizing Cycle. From there it is so rewarding to make it to the Rewarded Cycle. Regardless of Her Respect You Love. Unconditional Love and Respect.
6. COUPLE – Closeness (Gen. 2:24, Deut. 24:5), Openness (Song of Sol. 5:2), Understanding (1 Pet. 3:7), Peacemaking (Isa. 54:5-8), Loyalty (Song of Sol. 2:10, Mal. 2:14-15), and Esteem (Pr. 31:28-29, I Pet. 3:7). These are things that my wife desires from me or just needs in general (according to Dr. Emmerson).
7. CHAIRS – Conquest, Hierarchy, Authority, Insight, Relationship and Sexuality. These are things that apparently I desire from my wife or that I just desire in life.
8. I wear Blue sunglasses and blue hearing aids and Erin wears Pink ones. We see and hear things in totally different ways. (Amen!)
9. According to the author, we don’t have a marriage crisis in America. We have a FAITH crisis. If we are Jesus lovers than we will believe what he has said. We must love and forgive and respect one another. Poor faith leads to break ups which leads to single parent homes like the one Donald Miller grew up in. Bad decisions beget bad decisions.
10. Matthew 25:31-46 says that whatever I do for Erin I am doing for Christ. Love. Forgiveness. Friendship. Honesty. Closeness. Humbleness. Provide. Cherish. Adore.
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Love and Respect
Posted by Coach Harsh at 10:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment