Friday, November 30, 2007

IT'S A BOY

Yes, we found out earlier this month that Erin is going to have a baby boy in mid-to-late February of 2008. We are still looking for names but we are starting to narrow it down to just a few. I'm sure in Erin's mind we have already named the child.

This news makes me think of how I am fathering my children. I know that fathers and daughters need to spend time together and there is a very important relationship there but I also know (from personal experience) of the connection between a son and his mother. I can't tell you a Steelers game my mom and I missed when I was in high school. Every Sunday or Monday we would set up our TV trays and watch the Steelers. My dad was there a bunch too but I really remember my mom yelling and cheering on those men in black and gold. I also remember a lot of Saturdays when it was just me and mom watching Penn State football.

I've read this book already but it makes me want to go back and remind myself of the importance of being a good father to your daughters and what I can do to be that role model that many times women look for in their husband (consciously or subconsciously). The book: She Calls Me Daddy (Seven Things Every Man Needs To Know About Building A Complete Daughter) by Robert Wolgemuth

0 comments: