Monday, May 19, 2008

Erin and I had a “junior high” moment last night at a retirement home. We went to support a brother of ours who was leading a devotional at the Christian Terrace which is where Erin and I lived for about 18 months (and where Macy came home to live in a closet for most of that time). The song leader who is a member of our church picked a song out of Songs of the Church entitled “We Will Work Til Jesus Comes.” One of those old school hymns that hardly anyone but grey-hairs sings anymore. The giggling occurred at the phrase “we will succor at his breast.” First of all does that mean what I think it means? I have a son who is nursing right now (well maybe not right now but for the next few months will be nursing) and that imagery doesn’t make sense. We are babes at his breast? Whose breast? Is the imagery that of an infant nursing? What? It’s time to take that one out and pick something new.

 

0 comments: