
The only thing better than receiving my Relevant Magazine in the mail is getting cash/checks/gift cards/etc. I love my Relevant and when I flipped through the first couple pages of the new Sept./Oct. issue today I found another jewel in Cameron Strang's editor's page (what he calls First Word). I've linked the title to this blog entry to an online version of the article on Relevant's site.
Here's what I took away...take some time away from technology. I love spending time on Facebook, Hulu, Pandora, iTunes, Relevant Magazine online, etc. and I love to play with my iTouch and iPod, and I enjoy blogging (when I have time) but these things can and do take away from LIVING LIFE! I found myself doing things when I first started Facebook just so I could get on Facebook and tell people what I did. Now I just enjoy seeing what my old and new friends are up to. I was up last night at 2 am because of one of my children and got on for a few minutes just playing around. You will find that I hardly ever "update my status" and instead just enjoy "people watching."
Anyways, what I got from all this is to UNPLUG and live life. I have a wonderful wife. Three great kids. A good job. A fun team to coach and coaches to work with. A nice town to live in. Good church. Good neighborhood. Anyways, I can still enjoy being online and playing with these gadgets but I need to intentionally turn them off and live my life.
Peace.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Relevant Magazine - First Word
Posted by Coach Harsh at 10:39 PM
Labels: Cameron Strang, Facebook, Family, Hulu, iTunes, Pandora, Relevant Magazine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment