Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sketches of Spain

Growing up in my father's house I had to endure a lot of classical, jazz, a cappella, and blues records. At the time I thought my dad was torturing us because we had been misbehaving. I mean anytime we were in the car if we could get him to switch the radio station over to Oldies we thought we had done something great because at least it was popular music, even if it was from the 60's.
One of those artists we had to endure was Miles Davis. Well you probably guessed it but at this very moment I am ENJOYING listening to Miles with his Sketches of Spain album. I'm sure that I have become my father in many ways and one of these ways includes my music selection even though I tried to resist this transformation for years. I still rock it out and let my kids enjoy popular music, just last night we watched The Hannah Montana Movie and our three kids were just dancin' and having a ball as the movie winded down in the final scenes. I enjoy that because it brought joy to their little faces and hearts but I also enjoy me a little Miles.

0 comments: