I gave a talk in Junior High chapel today that shared Psalm 119:105 with the students.
Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.
What a great picture of God's Holy Word protecting us from falling off the path or even stumbling on the path. I was backpacking in north Georgia one time with my brother and a friend and we had to hike in the dark to make it the whole way. It was incredibly difficult to not stumble over roots and rocks in our path. We wouldn't of made it unbruised if we didn't have a light for us to see the path. God's Word does that for us. It helps us to stay on the narrow path. When we don't spend that time in our Bibles it's like turning our flashlight off. [oh I wish I felt as strongly about this as my words describe.] It's true that many of us have turned off our flashlight, most of us on accident, and we are stumbling through the dark stubbing our toes and hitting our shins on roots and rocks and the brush in front of us.
Lord God, please give us a passion to read your Word. We desire to have You inhabit our dwellings, or hearts, but many days we go by trying to find the Way on our own. Break us of that.
Friday, September 17, 2004
Our Map to Guide us
Posted by Coach Harsh at 1:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment