Thursday, April 21, 2005

Ballet

If I never go to the ballet again in my life...That's how I felt last night as I sat with my wife and daughter at a dress rehearsal for the Atlanta Ballet in the fabulous Fox Theater. I realized as the program started that these folks don't say a word on stage (they don't sing either!) They just dance on their toes. But I have to be careful because my little Macy, who's now four years-old, is taking a dance class at a local high school. She's learning gymnastics, ballet, and tap all at the same time. Well it's a class full of 4 and 5 year-olds, so I'm not sure how much they really 'learn', but they do have fun. We signed Macy up for another 6 week session of the class just this week. What am I saying, 'we'? Erin signed her up. Macy's class ends by 3:30, so I haven't seen her in class except for a few snapshots from our camera.

But! I would go to more ballet if they asked me. That's what a good daddy does. I hated it last night, well a little of it was funny and enjoyable, but for the most part I hated it, but I would go every month if that's what made my girls happy. You see that's what love does to people. We do things that we wouldn't normally do because we love someone. Extreme example, Jesus.

Thank you Jesus for loving us enough to give yourself up on our behalf. You gave your all for us and we give so little back. Forgive us Lord.

P.S. You know what my Macy said to me last night? When I grow up I wanna be a ballerina. Pray for me.

0 comments: