Sunday, January 01, 2006

Peace and Family

I have sad news to share on this first day of the new year. My grandfather (dad's dad) passed from this life yesterday morning after a very short battle of internal bleeding. He fell and broke both hips last Wednesday and we got the call Friday that he was internally bleeding and there was not much they could do for him. He was about to turn 83 years old. He passed from this life with not too much suffering and we all are at peace about where he is now. He was a faithful Christian all his life and has passed his legacy of faith down through the generations.

Robert Allen Harsh was a farmer for most of his life in Morning Sun, Iowa. He was married to Betty for 60+ years and she is still living. They had two children Robert William Harsh and Mary Harsh Dodds. My dad moved to Pennsylvania to attend college in Pittsburgh at Geneva where he met my mother (who grew up in Pittsburgh) and they settled in Butler County (Harmony) for 35 years and raised three beautiful children Scott Charles Harsh, Julia Elizabeth Harsh Rape, and Jeffrey Robert Harsh. I was named (middle named) after my now deceased Grandfather. What memories I have of visiting him at his old house in Iowa. My parents are there right now. They flew up on Friday and were able to see him one last time and talk with him.

My sister and youngest neice are flying out Tuesday and my brother and I are driving up there for the viewing and funeral. We'll miss the first three days of school this new year and it looks like I'll be back for three days before I take a week off of school for Mia Carolynn Harsh to enter the world on January 11th.

I can't believe it's less than two weeks until I'm a daddy once again to a little baby girl. Please pray for a safe and timely delivery and for a safe drive to Iowa from Atlanta. My mother-in-law will be here for Erin while I'm gone, just in case.

0 comments: