Saturday, March 25, 2006

Trauma

I got a call while teaching my first class on Friday morning from my wife and I never usually answer my phone in class so I ignored it. About 5 minutes later a student came down from the office telling me that my wife was on the phone in the office and needed to speak with me. First thought was car accident. I was scared.

Turns out Erin walked in to the bedroom to wake Macy up for school and found her in the midst of a seizure. She called 911 and the ambulance was there in no time. When Erin called me she was already on the way to the hospital in her car with Mia. I ran into the office and told my principal, she covered for me and I took off.

Ends up she is fine and the doctors didn't find any reason what caused the seizure. We are planning on getting an appointment with a neurologist this coming week just to see if there is anything they can see that caused it.

The best part of this whole experience has been a reminder of how covered my family is in prayer. My church sends out several e-mails a day to over 600 folks all around the world (including China and Russia) with prayer requests. My friends from Harding are very good at keeping in touch and I called one friend and he immediately sent an e-mail out to the rest of them about our situation. My mother-in-law was about to leave from NC to come for the weekend (Macy turned 5 this past Wednesday) and she called her church and they have a prayer chain phone list. My parents called my church back in PA for a similar thing. Erin called one of her friends from Harding and did something like what I did. God is probably tired of hearing from all of us about my little girl. He knows what he's doing, but I always feel better when I get to give him my two or three cents. Thanks everyone for giving him a piece of your mind on our behalf.

0 comments: