Monday, May 08, 2006

Losing Hope

I lost hope the other day when I heard some news that crushed my spirit. There is a baby that I know of that has a blood hemorrhage in the brain. She is only two weeks old and the news I heard was that the baby, if she made it, would have permanent brain damage. That cut me to the heart. I know these folks real well and it took the wind out of me. I gave up hope. I forgot that the Healer and Great Physician was available to call upon and already looking into the situation. The news I heard today brought back hope. She has a good shot at living and the blood has not touched the brain. There is a surgery taking place tonight to relieve the pressure and after the baby is 10 pounds they will go about with more surgery, but they are waiting for the baby to gain weight but the pain is too much and the baby is not eating. Hope was lost because I had a lack of faith in my God. May I never forget who I serve and it is according to his will whether the child will survive or not. My job is to pray that He listens to his people and gives life back to this child. We still don’t know the answer to that question, but I am reminded that I must preserve hope in the midst of strife. Thank you Jesus for the hope you give.

 

Shalom (Peace), Jeff

 

0 comments: