Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What We Listen To

I played this video today in my classes not so much for the content of the video or the message of the lyrics but for the band, for the genre. There is a lot of music out there that is just junk. I want my kids (my own kids and my school kids) to make good choices and one of the choices they have to make is who and what they listen to. I was so in to music as a kid and I spent a lot of energy and time and money on it. In my day there really weren't a lot of choices for me in regards to Christian music: Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith, DC Talk, Steven Curtis Chapman, etc. I did not listen to those guys (well maybe DC Talk). I thought the music was poorly produced and lacked a certain amount of...talent. Now-a-days though there are a ton of bands out there that have a positive message and are in the Christian market. Anberlin is just one of the many great bands that I want to introduce my kids to (both my own kids and my school kids).

0 comments: