Thursday, July 15, 2004

My First Blog

Well folks this is all new to me. I got this idea from my friend and chaplain Jon Owen here at GACS. I don't have any 'deep thoughts' per see at the present time but I wanted to explain my title of this blog, "God Chasers." I'm a huge fan of Christian music and one of my favorites going back to the Spring of 1998 is Andrew Peterson. My absolute favorite song he's written is called 'The Chasing Song.'
 
"So, I wish that I could say that at the
close of every day
I was happy with the way that I'm behaving
'Cause Samson chased a woman
And he chased the Philistines
I'm not quite sure what Jonah chased
But I know he caught the sea
And Cain, he chased the harvest
While Abel chased the beasts
David, he chased God's own heart
All I ever seem to chase is me.

 
God knows the only time I'm winning
Is when I'm chasing him."
 
Praise be to God for his infinite wisdom and his immeasurable grace.
 
Jeff Harsh

0 comments: