Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Patience

This morning my wonderful, fabulous wife was trying to give me an address as I wrote it on an envelope to send in the mail. I was getting so impatient because she was reading slower than I wished her to.  I didn't realize how impatient I was until I sat in the Atlanta airport for 3 hours waiting for my plane to take me to Pittsburgh to help my folks move to Atlanta. It was then that I needed extra patience. Patience is such a wonderful fruit of the Spirit. I sometimes forget what a great virtue it is to have. As the plane was heading back to the terminal to unload us to wait for another plane to come in to take us to Pittsburgh I connected the events of the morning with the predicament that I was in. I did not have those feelings I sometimes have when my patience is running thin. It was as if...maybe that's a poor way to say it. It was God knowing I would need to have patience for my long day of travel ahead of me. I felt as if I needed to call my wife right away and apologize for being so impatient with her, not that she could tell I was acting impatiently with her, but I knew I had. After almost five years of marriage, I'm sure she knew. I can't hide my feelings much anymore, she sees right through me. God truly knew what I'd be facing today and gave me an extra measure of patience. Thank you for the safe travel and the chance to help my parents in this way.

God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good!


0 comments: