Well in about 2 days I'll be heading down to Juarez, Mexico again for my third trip with Erin and Matt and Sara Sills. We are once again working with Casas por Cristo as we provide a 'home' for a family in need. I can't believe the days are so quickly passing by. We'll be on the plane before you know it. They always say that the third time is the charm, and I hope that's true. We've had two trips that were polar opposites.
Our first trip was crazy. Everything went wrong. Well not everything, we did build a house, and as far as I know it's still standing after two years, but all the 'little' things came up. No one from GACS had ever done this trip so we were the guinea pigs. The down time, the traveling, the watching 20 kids, everything seemed to have some kind of problem. But we all made it home safely.
Year two was also crazy. We went with some kids that we thought might not make it, and it ended up being a great growing experience for many of them.
This year, our group is made up of 5 boys and 14 girls. We have taken on the task of building a 'double.' Why? That's what I'm asking myself right now. But we will do it. God will give us the strength we need and we will build that house in 3-4 days.
I love the fact that we get to take some kids that may not be comfortable sharing their faith with a stranger but they can give their service to God in the form of (sounds like the Wonder Twins or something) in the form of manual labor. I love this trip because it's hard on our bodies and at the same time it's hard on our minds. We get pushed to the limit at the worksite and in close quarters in the church we stay at night. Taking a shower every other day, or taking a cold shower in 2 minutes takes some people out there. It's good to see how they respond to it.
Anyway, please pray for us as we head down south of the border for a week, that we'll be used by God as His instruments, that we'll forget ourselves for a few days and really shine for Jesus.
Thursday, March 31, 2005
A Heart For Missions
Posted by Coach Harsh at 7:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment