Erin and I had the Hills over last night. These folks spent this past year in Qingdao, China. Qingdao is one of the largest cities in China on the Eastern coast of China. The population is something like 4 million? A good sized city.
We got to see a bunch of pictures from their trip and we let the time get away from us talking about everything they saw and the conversions that they were a part of while in Qingdao. Gerry's official job while in China was to teach English, which he does very well here at GACS, but his unofficial business was to lead Bible studies and share the Gospel. He and Becky are actually very glad to not be 'celebrities' now; while in Qingdao they were extreme minorities. Everywhere they went people stared at them and their five year old twin girls.
People like the Hills inspire me to do better things. I think of my life and how I could make such a bigger difference in the world than I do. I hope that Erin and I and our kids will someday have a chance to do something like what the Hills did. After hearing the stories of the differences of America and there, maybe not China, but somewhere that we might never go otherwise. What an amazing experience for their girls.
To learn more about there amazing trip click on this link and you can read all 45 editions of Gerry's weekly update.
Saturday, July 30, 2005
China
Posted by Coach Harsh at 11:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment