Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ben Harper "With My Own Two Hands"

After thinking about the tragedy that has hit our country in the form of a hurricane I heard this song in my head from Ben Harper's album "Diamonds on the Inside". I've gotten to use my hands to build 6 homes in the last 10 years, and I hope to build more in the years to come. None of them have been particularly extravagant, but they have provided a family and safe place to stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer and dry in the rains. Thank you to Derek Myers, Adam Birch, Ryan Meyers, Preston Brandimore, Phil Gisel, and Matt and Sara Sills for their help, I couldn't of done it alone. Here's to Ocho Rios, Jamaica (building on the Rock crew) and the Juarez, Mexico crews for the last three years. Below is the video for the song mentioned.

Video code provided by Music Video Codes

Following are the lyrics to the song:

I can change the world
With my own two hands
Make a better place
With my own two hands
Make a kinder place
With my own two hands
I can make peace on earth
With my own two hands
I can clean up the earth
With my own two hands
I can reach out to you
With my own two hands

I'’m gonna make it a brighter place
I'’m gonna make it a safer place
I'’m gonna help the human race
With my own two hands

I can hold you
With my own two hands
I can comfort you
With my own two hands
But you got to use
Use your own two hands


With our own
With our own two hands

0 comments: