Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Church of Christ

Why am I Church of Christ? That question was posed to me during a recent visit to Georgia State. I was walking back to MARTA (our wonderful transit system in Atlanta) and one of my classmates asked me that. I got to talking to him because he was talking about the Arkansas Razorbacks football team and found out he's from Jonesboro and his parents just moved to Searcy, weird Harding connection. He knew I was a teacher at Greater Atlanta Christian which is a Church of Christ school (all faculty are members of a local Church of Christ) and he made the parallel with Harding. I really didn't have a good answer to his question. I satisfied him, but I was not satisfied myself. I thought about this on Monday morning as had my morning run.

After thinking about why I am a member I thought my friends from Harding could help me out. So I asked them. I'm waiting for responses as I type now. I hope for thoughtful answers because I really want to know why they attend a Church of Christ congregation where they live. I'm waiting...

0 comments: