Sunday, September 25, 2005

Fun Filled Saturday

What a great day I had yesterday. I woke up nice and early, thanks to Macy, and decided to go for a run (I hadn't run for a few days because my knee was bothering me so I used my brace and it was just fine). After my run I had a wonderful breakfast of store brand Rice Krispies and a 1/2 glass of OJ. Macy and I got in the car and we went off to the library together in search of some books, videos and to have a good time playing on the kid computers in the library. She loves it, so I try to take her once or twice a month.

After the library, I thought it'd be fun to rent some movies for the long weekend. I found out as I was sitting in front of the library letting Macy finish her snack of goldfish, that our wonderful governor decided to cancel school on Monday and Tuesday to conserve gas (about 500,000 gallons of diesel fuel). Hurricane Rita didn't cause the damage that first predicted but I look forward to two days off with my family.

I rented Arrested Development, a sitcom on Fox. I rented the first disc of the first season, the first six episodes. I had read in Relevant Magazine how funny it was, even compared to the all-time best sitcom Seinfeld. I had to try it. It was everything and more. I can't wait to get my hands on more AD.

While Macy and Erin took a little nap I snuck over to the local used cd warehouse and found the new Nickel Creek album, and bought it even though it wasn't why I went there. It is a good album. Erin really likes Nickel Creek so I thought it was a smart buy.

I got to play some basketball with myself, while Macy played in the front yard and we listened to Prairie Home Companion on our local PBS station. It reminds me so much of growing up. My dad would listen to this show, based on a fictional town in Minnesota hosted by Garrison Keillor. I actually just read a book about Democrats he wrote, very well written.

At eleven o'clock, Austin City Limits came on our local PBS station with Beck as the artist singing. He was good, even though it was the thought of the show and the previous performances I have seen that kept me watching for an hour. What a great American program. I can't wait until the new season starts next weekend with Sheryl Crow, not that I'm such a great Sheryl Crow fan or anything, but I look forward to what's new and most of the music is great to listen to and they have some great performers coming this year.

That was my Saturday. What a great day!

0 comments: