The saddest thing about this entry is that there will be a My Trip to the Dentist Part III. Here's a rundown of what happened this time on my trip to my not-so-local dentist.
My brother asked me about a week and a half before we actually left to go recruit teachers from Harding and Freed. We would leave on Monday morning and get back sometime Wednesday afternoon. I said sure. It was a free trip and so I called Jared to see if it would work out and he did have an opening early Tuesday morning and penciled me in. We got to the point where you are almost done and he saw that the bridge was not fitting the way it should. He worked and worked and it just wasn't up to par. So he broke the bad news to me and I took it pretty well, but now I realize it means me making yet another trip to Searcy.
Here's just some of the interesting sidenotes from my trip:
1. It had been at least 5 years since I'd been on campus. It was great to see all the improvements they've made.
2. I ran into Dr. Priest and Dr. Brown, two of my old math professors and they are still at it today. I have a lot of memories from each of their classes. I also saw Dr. Baird, one of my computer science professors.
3. Walked into the Harding bookstore and no lie, they had "John the Revelator" playing. I forgot how a capella Harding was and still is.
4. Presidential Disc Golf Course. I got to play about a dozen holes and could have played more if I would have remembered them (it's been 7 years) and if they didn't take out a light pole, a road sign, and several trees. I had a young man come up to me and ask if I wanted to play some ultimate. He and about 20 of his friends were playing there in Harding Park, site of the Presidential Course. He asked me my name like he remembered me from a class or something and then I told him I graduated in 1999 and he said "wow", no kidding. I could be like 10 years older than this guy. I feel like I graduated yesterday though.
What good memories.
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
My Trip to the Dentist Part II
Posted by Coach Harsh at 11:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment