Thursday, July 13, 2006

Wrestling camp has finally come to a close here at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC. Our team had a great week but ended up with a record of 5-6 even though our wrestlers finished our matches 65-26. Problem was we only brought 9 wrestlers when a full squad has 14. We had a couple guys from other teams “farm-in” to our team but only one had any success. I feel real good about how the guys behaved, wrestled, and paid attention during instruction sessions. We had ten sessions of 1 hr 40 min learning and drilling and eleven team matches. We wrestled from 9 AM to 10 PM with breaks at lunch and dinner and that’s it. The guys are definitely ready to go home. My assistant coach and I are as well. We participated in all eleven sessions; well I skipped one when Erin and the girls came to town to visit me. We are some tired and sore coaches. I can’t wait for next summer. Camp is awesome!

0 comments: