Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Psalm 23 ~ I’ve been reading The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard and last night as I was falling asleep he cited Ps. 23 when making a point about other kingdoms being in conflict with the Lord’s kingdom. So I woke up this morning popped open a Diet Coke, threw some ice on my sore neck, put on Aaron Shust’s album Anything Worth Saying, and cracked open my new English Standard Version Bible. Guess where I opened (granted, I was hoping to read some Psalms); that’s exactly right, Psalm 23.

Here’s the point. David says “He leads me in paths of righteousness for his names sake.” Not for mine. So many times I do right and think that it was really me or I take the credit for righteous living. I look good by doing good and then I take all the credit. I have to step back and remember it is for “His names sake” that “He leads me in paths of righteousness.” John the Baptist says it this way, “He must become greater; I must become less” in John 3:30.

Very simple yet if I could keep this…how different would my life look?

0 comments: