Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jesus Freak

1995 marked a shift in my Christian music paradigm. In junior high and high school my Christian music collection involved Amy Grant, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, and Accapella. I didn't really appreciate any of these artists and then came dc Talk with Jesus Freak. The music was intense, the lyrics were to the point and this album just made me do a 180. I thought Christian music was a second class citizen to the secular market until Jesus Freak came out.

To this day I spend my time listening to a majority of Christian artists because of dc Talk. There were others too (Jars of Clay and Audio Adrenaline) but dc Talk just had that something.

I just found FREAKED - a tribute album to Jesus Freak where artists perform every song - it's awesome

Here is the original music video by dc Talk
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=38cb8196317d6e6802d7

0 comments: