
William Paul Young is the author of the NY Times Bestseller The Shack. I have heard good things from several folks (well really just one) but I know others are reading it (well I know one guy who said he might want to read it). According to the information in my Catalyst workbook,
The Shack is a story written for his six children, with no thought or intention to publish. Overall, he is a very simple guy; one wife, six kids, two daughters-in-law and two grandkids on the way. He works as a general manager, janitor and inside sales guy for a friend who owns a small manufacturers rep company in Milwaukee, Oregon, and lives in a small rented house in Gresham, Oregon, that his wife, Kim has made into a marvelous home.
As soon as Mr. Young starts speaking you feel engaged. He was interviewed onstage by a local sports radio guy who is actually in a Bible study with someone who was so moved by this book that he bought copies for the whole group of men involved in the Bible study and said “Read it.”
I don’t have a lot to say about the interview because it was like 15 minutes and I didn’t write anything down but I am going to read that book. Maybe not soon because I’m real busy and wrestling season is about to start so I may not get to it for a while, but I plan on reading it.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Catalyst - William Paul Young "The Shack"
Posted by Coach Harsh at 2:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment