I know that my favorite college football team's loss to Iowa today is not as huge as losing your house in a fire, the passing of your favorite Uncle or getting audited by the IRS but...I was crushed.
I really don't have the words now, hours after the monumental loss. I've broken down in my head what went wrong but it still doesn't seem real. After beating Ohio State I thought there was no way we'd end the season without being undefeated. I mean we were scoring at will against most teams we played this year and even in tough games (OSU and Purdue) we made the plays to win the game. But Iowa. They beat us on defense. We were down in the Red Zone enough to win the game but we didn't get 7, we got 3 on more than one occasion. If we would have converted one of those into 7 instead of just 3 PSU's hope of a perfect season/national title would still be alive.
I know life will go on and tomorrow when I wake up the sun will still rise, coffee will still smell the same, and we'll be 5 minutes late to Sunday School but...I will remember what could have been for Joe Pa and the Nittany Lions. Win #382 would have been nice today.
(insert sad face here)
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Devastated
Posted by Coach Harsh at 11:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment