I heard an analogy of God's goodness compaired to my goodness and I wanted to repeat it as best I could cause it's powerful.
My 3 year old is incredible. She is so smart. She can sing her ABC's. She can count to 10. She is also super strong. She can jump off of anything. She can ride her bike. She's just fantastic...until I walk in the room. Once I walk in the room she ceases to be smart. Her knowledge is nothing compared to mine. She is not strong. She is weak. On her own she is smart and strong. But once I walk in she is not even comparable to me.
We compare ourselves to each other every day. I'm way better than that guy. I'm pretty good. I didn't mess up as much as him. We get complacent because of our standard.
When God walks in the room we are wicked, evil and sin-filled! We are not good. Not at all.
The scriptures say in Luke 18:19, "'Why do you call me good?' Jesus answered. 'No one is good—except God alone.'" God's definition of the word "good" is no where near mine. So no, I am not good. I am sinful, wicked and ashamed of my actions/behavior.
I didn't really do this justice but I tried hard.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Goodness of God
Posted by Coach Harsh at 2:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment