Some of you are not around junior high and high school kids at church very often but I'm sure you can imagine that there are times when these adolescents have a difficult time during worship. What I mean by that is they have a difficult time participating fully in the whole worship experience. What I mean by worship experience is not the sermon time (which is probably another terribly difficult time for these young people) but I'm speaking about singing.
I'm probably as clear as mud right now so let me try to clear it up. At my school, which is a K-12 Christian school, not everyone has the same spiritual focus. Not every student comes from a family that holds up the ideals of living a Christian life. A number of our student population are not believers at all (and by that I mean believers in Jesus as the son of God). A number of our students have faith in other gods (Buddha, Muhammad, Krishna, etc.).
So our dilemma, which I don't really have any say so in, is getting our students to worship our Creator, Savior, Sustainer of Life, Author and Perfecter of our Faith (in an honest way).
Today in our combined (we only combine chapels 5 or 6 times a year) chapel for JH/HS the band Unhindered (Worship) came and performed/lead worship for us. I'm telling you...it was awesome! They brought that place alive with the Spirit of God. It was 9 am but it didn't feel like it once they got us up and moving and shaking our neighbor. By the end of it the JH kids were yelling "encore!" and guess what, we had one. They got the teachers up on stage (well maybe 1/4 of us) and we jumped around like crazy (well not really that crazy but it was fun to see some of the old timers having fun) singing Crowder's "Undignified." I was totally blown away to the fact that our kids would get that "in" to the worship. I hope we can repeat this experience for our kids again.
God is good.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
worship
Posted by Coach Harsh at 1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment