Former guitarist for the hard rock/nu-metal band Korn Brian "Head" Welch made a HUGE choice four years ago to walk away from the rock star lifestyle (alcohol, crystal meth, sex, parties, etc.) to re-dedicate his life to Christ. He walked away from the hugely popular Korn in 2005 after helping found the group in 1992. Korn has sold over 30 million records worldwide. I'm sure if you're into the Christian music scene you've heard his story but I wanted to share it with my students today. The video is from Tangle uploaded from the iamsecond.com web site.
"I am second", of course, is a statement of the hierarchy in our lives.
God first, me second. God's will first. God's vision first. God's glory first.
God comes first and I come in second. Sometimes we place ourselves even further back in the order of importance but that's rare. We might say God first and my family second but how many of us are more selfish than that?
Do you put your wife/husband before yourself? How 'bout your kids?
Yeah, that's what I thought.
Me too.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
i am second
Posted by Coach Harsh at 1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment