Here it is again, whether I'm ready or not, here they come. I really get tired of the summer, most years, but this summer was so busy that I was not ready to come back today. We've traveled so much that I didn't get restless and annoy my wife enough to have her ready to get rid of me during the day. Most years she is ready to kick me out. She's happier than the parents of my students when school starts. Listen to me, I'm talking as if I've taught for decades. Well this is my sixth year, and I feel like a veteran. The start of the school year still makes me anxious and nervous though. I didn't sleep well last night and I dreamt all night, both are unusual for me.
God is paving the way for a great school year. He has placed students in my class that don't know the Him and I have a responsibility, no a priveledge, to show them Jesus. Lord give me strength when I'm weary and give me words when I'm speechless. Give me a heart for all my students everyday, not just the first day. Shine through me, the light of your Son. Thanks for blessing my life with the joy of teaching these young people.
Monday, August 09, 2004
First Day of School
Posted by Coach Harsh at 9:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment