Monday, August 16, 2004

Glory

Ever feel like you are taking some else's glory? I did it this Sunday. At the end of services I got to hold my newest nephew for a while. Oh boy did I enjoy that. It's been a while since my little girl was less than 3 months old, so I took every moment in with my nephew. While I was holding the little guy our Korean congregation came into the main auditorium for a baptism. They sang some songs in Korean and then they all witnessed a new birth of a fellow believer. As they came down the aisle they passed me by and made numerous comments on my nephew. I didn't dare tell them that he didn't belong to me. I just said "thank you" to each kind soul. I didn't think I should make a comment stating that he was actually my brother's baby. I just took all the glory for myself. I had a great big smile on as they all walked by.

That reminds me of how I take God's glory sometimes. He deserves it but I step in and say "thank you." Even though it doesn't come from me, I pose as if it did. The money I earn teaching and I give back to the church for it's work. Not really mine. But I say "you're welcome." I just smile and say "thank you" when a mom or dad comes to me and tells me what a great time their son or daughter has in class or on the wrestling team. He's given me the talents to teach and coach. When I give my time for a ministry at church, He deserves 24 hours, and I give one.

Lord, give me the desire to serve you with all of my heart, my soul, my mind, and my strength. And help me to give You the glory for what You do in my life. Help me not take it for myself.

Revelation 1:5b-6 "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father-to him be glory and power for ever and ever!"

0 comments: