Sunday, May 29, 2005

People at my church

I'm sitting here in church, I guess I'm actually sitting at home typing this blog about what I was thinking while I sat in church this morning thinking of some people at my church that need my prayers, and need God's hand to be on them right now. This could turn into a very long list, but I'll try to keep it just to the folks on my mind right now.

-------------------------------------

Jim Rose passed away several weeks ago, and I think he was just the sweetest thing ever. I can't imagine how Betty is feeling right now. I just see her every Sunday, and it breaks my heart. Although, I know he's in a better place.

-------------------------------------

Brett and April Furber are dear friends that have had many trials over the last few years. Brett is still out of work, has been for over three months now, and they've been trying to conceive for several years without success. They are looking into adoption, but with Brett unemployed it's very hard to come up with the money. April has just accepted a new position at her school that will help financially, so that's good. I never knew what it was to really want to have a child and not get one. Erin and I...let me restate that, Erin became pregnant 6 months after we got married. Of course it's been over a year that we've tried for number two without success. Until now. Thank the Lord, Erin is pregnant again. We are only around 6-7 weeks into it, but we are excited. How will we tell people like Brett and April? That's a big sore spot for a lot of couples that are infertile. It's gotta be really tough to go through all the tests for infertility while everyone around you is getting pregnant, having kids and getting pregnant again. God bless them.

-------------------------------------

Josh and Anna Sanders have been in the process of opening up a car wash here in Atlanta for several months now. I thought they'd be ready to go back in September, but it's now May and they are about to get it going. They have been so patient about the whole thing, it's amazing.

0 comments: