Saturday, May 07, 2005

Pete and Abby

Pete and Abby were married today in Marietta, GA surrounded by friends and relatives and us. We have probably been around Pete less time than anyone else at the wedding, but we feel like we know him so well. Pete, as you might recall, is our missionary friend that leads us as we build houses in Juarez, Mexico. He's been doing this for over 4 years and is truly gifted at serving others.

The wedding was so cool. It was outside in a huge field on a stage that was built just for this occasion complete with posts to hold candles and hold flowers. The music was provided by some members of the band at Abby's church and from three missionary children living in Cote d'Ivoire. It was fantastic. The whole thing. The reception was a little ways from the site of the wedding in another part of the field under a big white tent. BBQ pork & chicken, Brunswick stew, fresh green beans, corn on the cob, cole slaw, sweet tea; it was the all-around southern wedding. I had a great time. And Pete recognized us. Not that I thought he wouldn't, but when you've only been around an individual for maybe three weeks...

Congratulations to Pete and Abby, I hope you're not getting too wet up in Montana.

And thank you for reminding me how I felt when I got married to Erin, just a little over five years ago. Erin, I love you and I'd marry you all over again.

0 comments: