This band is it. I heard about them this spring when their freshman release hit the streets. Everyone was saying how big they would become. So what did I do? I bought the cd and I'm so glad I did. This is a rockin' band with great lyrics.
Beautiful Love, the song I presented to my students this week, has been featured on MTV's Advance Warning and has been selected for American Eagle Outfitter's back-to-school campaign. The band is also featured in Relevant's Sept-Oct issue that I just got in the mail on Tuesday afternoon and CCM's May issue as ones to watch.
This song is one of those that if you didn't know this was a Christian band before you heard the song you wouldn't either after taking a listen to this particular song. It's basically a love song to the songwriters wife, or girlfriend. I asked my kids if a Christian band always has to sing "Christian" songs. They all agreed that a Christian band can sing about love between a girl and a guy, and they should.
Here's the lyrics and please visit their web page and hook up with this band, they're awesome:
Faraway...I feel your beating heart
All alone beneath the crystal stars
Staring into space
What a lonely face
I'll try to find my place with you
(chorus)
What a beautiful smile
Can I stay for awhile?
On this beautiful night
We'll make everything right
My beautiful love
Larger than the moon, my love for you
Worlds collide as heaven pulls us through
The secret of the world is written in the stars
I'm carrying your heart in mine
Maybe a greater thing will happen
Maybe all will see
Maybe your love will catch like fire
As it burns through me
Friday, August 26, 2005
The Afters
Posted by Coach Harsh at 9:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment