

I can honestly say this was the best fathers day that I have ever had (as a dad). I woke up yesterday to breakfast in bed (pancakes with fresh strawberries on top, freshly cut peaches, a banana and hot tea). Erin and the girls made a crown for me to wear and Macy made me a beautiful card.
Being a dad is so different than what I thought it would be. It is amazing but I still feel like me. I don't know. I just thought when I became a dad I would be like, well my dad. Old. No not really. But I thought that I would just feel different. I don't know how to explain it. Like I would instantly become somebody/something different. It's not that way at all though. I am me, with all my experiences and baggage with two amazing girls and a beautiful wife. I don't feel old or mature, but...well let's face it, I'm neither of these two things. I guess that's why I need to learn so much. Proverbs has many great insights into fatherhood and teaching your children. I need to read more.
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Fathers Day 2006
Posted by Coach Harsh at 9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment