

OK. This is the most exciting post I have ever written, besides a bunch about my girls.
Erin and I got to attend one night at this years AtlantaFest (our Christian Music Festival held this time of year for the past 20 years). I wish I could have her tell it to you but I can't so here goes:
We got to shake hands with Jeremy Camp and got his signature. He was backstage and just signed three autographs when a staff member told him it was time to get on the bus and Erin kind of signed loudly and he totally backtracked and came over to us, me holding Mia and Erin holding a pen and a cd cover and he shook Erin's hand (kind of that awkward left hand thing because she was holding the pen and cd cover in her right hand and signed the cover, said he couldn't resist babies, touched Mia's thigh and patted me on the right shoulder/tricep area. It was the single most thrilling moment of our lives (well besides childbirth and our wedding and some other cool stuff).
Camp totally rocked. I was hoping for Crowder to headline because I like him so much (not like that, not that there's anything wrong with that) but Camp deserved to be the final act of the night. He sang all his hits, which are many in my book. Everytime I listen to his albums I am amazed at his talent to write and sing songs. God has gifted him and I believe he is using that talent for the glory of God. He gave his testimony which involved talking about falling in love, getting married and then the death of his wife from cancer. He is remarried with two little girls 20 mo. and 2 mo. olds. The biggest thing I took from his concert was his explanation of writing "Walk by Faith". He wrote that song while on his honeymoon with his first wife when they didn't know if the cancer would return or how bad it would be. They got back from the honeymoon and the doctors found the cancer spreading. It wasn't long after that and she was gone. He said the hardest thing he ever was called to do was worship God just after his wife had passed away. There was worship music playing in the background and he heard God tell him to worship. I would have been balling my eyes out. He is truly about the Lord's work.
The other really cool thing was seeing David Crowder backstage before the concert. He is totally a musician, weird hair and all. The picture shows it all, David Crowder meeting Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue. He introduced Crowder and gave a short testimony. What a great man to have as your Governor, I never knew. 
Crowder's part of the concert was awesome. The most fun was when he went into the song "You are my Joy" from A Collision. I loved this song already and now I love it even more. He called it the Rock Opera. No doubt. Take a listen sometime. Sing along and if it doesn't hurt David says you aren't doing it right. Gives me goose bumps. Other favorites were "I saw the light" by Hank Williams, O Praise Him, Here is our King, and Sing like the Saved. Cool thing was he had the lyrics up on the screen above the stage so you could sing along.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Mia's First Concert
Posted by Coach Harsh at 9:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment