Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day Weekend 2008

What a great weekend. This Labor Day we stayed around town trying to catch up on some sleep, do some food shopping, play in the backyard, have pizza night, go shopping at a local mall, and catch up on some recent DVD releases.

Here's what we watched this weekend with a comment of each.


We (Erin and I) watched this one last night and we almost didn't have time to watch it. What a surprise. I had heard it was good but I didn't have very high expectations. I think that helped when we watched it. I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoy romantic comedies (usually) and this one had that plus drama and heartache for the characters. Having kids of my own it hits home a bit more imagining if one of them was separated from us for an extended period of time (or even a short period). I love music so it was really cool to see August (Evan) develop his 'gift.' As a Christian I was thinking of 'talents.' Jesus tells us the story of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30. Evan was given a huge talent but it was his job to develop that talent (gift). All in all I enjoyed the movie and would recommend it to my friends.



We watched this one without knowing what the story line was at all. I had heard about it and seen the previews last year and thought somewhere in the back of my mind I might like to see that sometime and so I rented it. Good flick. I enjoyed seeing a guy near my age going through several different relationships and reminiscing to myself what I was up to on the timeline. Another story of heartache and love. It didn't come together like I had hoped but it was a fair enough ending. I would recommend this one to my friends as well (although most of them have already seen it - probably).



Wow. I had a hard time staying in my seat cause I wanted to roll on the floor in laughter. It is a tad inappropriate and has a little poor taste but if you are to just having a laugh rent it today. Erin was aggitated for a while until it sort of came together for the main characters and she got the ending she had hoped for. There is a line in the movie that I can't repeat in mixed company but I can't get out of my head and it makes me double over in laughter. You'd know what I'm talking about if you've seen the movie. It involves popcorn.



This movie was for Macy and Mia (we try to have movie/pizza night on Friday nights in our house) and we try to get new movies whenever we can. I'm tired of seeing The Twelve Dancing Princesses or Curious George or Mary Poppins. This one was a bit scary for both girls but they got through it fine. Erin enjoyed it because she read some Nancy Drew books as a youngster.



What a movie. This was an extra kid movie for Macy and Mia because it was Labor Day weekend that we sat down and watched Sunday night. I was mostly out of the room as soon as I turned it on because I had much better things to do like cut my toe nails. I was not about to sit through it with them but they both loved it. It's not even close to a new release but for some reason it was in our local Walmart Redbox ($1 per day movie rentals). It had a few scary parts (Sea Lion/ Killer Whale) but they kept talking about how good it was (that might mean a second viewing this fall on movie night if we can't find anything else).

0 comments: