What a wonderful holiday that is not corrupted by the same commercialization that Christmas has now. It is still all about Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, Pilgrims, Indians, 1621, Plymouth Rock, family, traveling, stuffing ourselves, watching the Lions lose and the Cowboys win, etc. My sister and her family (husband and two daughters) traveled down by minivan from Pennsylvania to spend time with us. She stayed at my parents’ house so we didn’t get all of the quality time that we wanted but we still got to be around them quite a bit. It was a great week. Her daughters are getting so big. Anna is going to turn 3 in less than a month and Gracie is about 6 months old. She is such a butterball. I love it. I never understood when Erin talked about wanting a fat baby. But now I do, they are adorable. I can’t wait until our little Mia is here to hold and feed and change…what? Change her diapers. That part of it, I am not looking forward to. But I can’t wait for our second little girl to be here with us in this house. Macy got to spend her first year in a closet. We lived in the elderly retirement apartment building, as security, and it was a one bedroom apartment. Macy’s crib just fit inside the big closet next to our front door, basically in the kitchen area (which was minute as well). That really brings back the memories, not all of them good, but not all of them bad as well.
Anyways. Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a wonderful day and take time to remember what you are really thankful for. My list goes something like, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Erin, Macy, Mia, and then everything else. God Bless!
Thursday, November 24, 2005
Happy Thanksgiving 2005
Posted by Coach Harsh at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment