Sunday, November 13, 2005

Xanga and Shanil

I was online last night and just thought to Google Xanga. I’ve heard from teachers and administration alike that our kids at school are blogging through Xanga and there has been some pretty questionable things said on their sites. I just thought I’d pop in and see who was saying what. I found several students sights that went to my school and sort of giggled at what they were saying; nothing bad at all. Then I found a sight dedicated to Shanil, the boy who was killed in a car accident this summer. He would be in 9th grade right now. There was a sight in his memory. The postings were of his classmates telling him they missed him. It was very touching. This morning at church his parents visited our Sunday school class. I wanted to say something but I didn’t have the words. It must be amazingly difficult to wake up every morning and think about that boy that used to be down the hall. It makes me remember how important my family is to me.

0 comments: