1. What makes someone wear a Che Guevara t-shirt to class? What are they stating? Or a Malcolm X t-shirt?
2. It's amazing how many cell phones you see when you walk down the street at a city university. I couldn't believe it when I started to notice everyone talking on their cell phone, to who?
3. What's up with wearing thongs (flip-flops) to a college class? Are they that comfortable? I won't even wear them at the beach. I don't own a single pair of thongs, and I won't!
4. Patty Loveless v. Grits
Ten years ago I would've thrown Mountain Soul out the window while driving down the highway. Now I love bluegrass. But I also love hip-hop. I just got the new Grits album Dichotomy A from a giftcard from one of my students. I listen to Kenny Chesney, Jack Johnson, Led Zeppelin (but not in the house because Erin thinks it's evil), Ben Harper, Dave Matthews, Andrew Peterson, Third Day, Chris Tomlin, Hootie and the Blowfish, Counting Crows, U2, old Hip-Hop like DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince, Beastie Boys, etc. Sorry I'm so weird. I don't like Wilco though, which everyone seems to like. I don't know where I'm going with this, sorry.
5. Why are there so many Bush-haters out there? I normally don't come in contact with any in my daily life, until I come down to Ga. State. Little comments are made, most often by a professor, but sometimes by classmates at how Bush is an idiot. Today my professor was showing a clip of 'Little Albert' from psychologist John Watson from 1919. There was a monkey in the silent film and my professor says, "I think he voted for Bush." Real funny!
I'm here at Ga. State working on my Specialist degree in Education focusing on leadership. I earned (I don't say received here because I really did earn it) in Educational Leadership a little over a year ago and decided to continue my education so at the end I would be Jeff Harsh, Ed. S. instead of Jeff Harsh M. Ed. Who cares? Well my paycheck for one cares. I should have 5 more courses left after these summer courses to complete my degree and hopefully never come back!
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Georgia State University
Posted by Coach Harsh at 5:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't see any comments on this blog. Does anyone read it?
Seriously, I mean I even have people who comment on mine! I think that it's funny you and Ryan have the same format for your blogs. Glad to know where I can find you now! Amy (Inlow) Godknecht
Post a Comment