Sunday, June 26, 2005

Prayer

Macy and I got to spend some precious time together this morning before having some warm sweet rolls and OJ for breakfast. We talked about our dreams from last night (of course I made mine up, I hardly ever remember what I dream about, and when I do it's usually very weird and random), the baby growing in 'mamma's' tummy and prayer. How did prayer come up with a four year-old? One of our friends has been trying to get pregnant for a while now and just found out several days ago that she's indeed pregnant. I asked Macy if she had thanked God for answering our prayers. Just a few nights ago, this friends asked Erin to have Macy pray for her. We did and He listened. Isn't it so cool to be able to teach someone, especially your child, about the power of prayer? Awesome. Well, she did tell me that she and Erin did thank God for answering our prayers and petitions.

I am reminded of this time because the message this morning was on corporate prayer and I was asked to lead the prayer in my bible class this morning. It is so amazing how God makes an impact on our lives and teaches us a simple lesson of how to act like a child in regards to prayer. Ask and expect God to answer. There is more to teach Macy about prayer, but this lesson will suffice for the time being.

Thank You Lord for hearing the prayers of Your people. Help me to be a good example for Macy in the coming years, and not just in regards to prayer. Fill me up to overflowing so I may be poured out for my family.

0 comments: