Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Psalm 23 and Comfort

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need.

2 He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.

3 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.

4 Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.

5 You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.

6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.


That Psalm has provided comfort for thousands of years and now it comforts me. I lost my first student yesterday in an automobile accident. I had him almost three years ago, when he was in 6th grade. He was a good math student, and he enjoyed playing on the JV baseball team. His mother is a Christian and his father a Muslim. I'm not sure where that puts him. He was only 13 years old. His mother is still in ICU from the accident. I really don't know what to say right now. I'm in shock.

Father, I ask that You give some peace and comfort to his family. Surround them with believers that have the right words to say, or not say.

0 comments: