I'm not talking about Simon Says or the popular game in the mid 80's Simon. I'm talking about the infamous (infamous means this guy El Guapo, is not just famous, he is in-famous. He's probably the biggest actor to ever come out of Mexico) Pharisee named Simon. The following is what I penned as I sat during a sermon today at my church:
How often do I feel like Simon? Where I feel very little forgiven and therefore I love very little. I feel that I really don't need forgiven of much because I've tried to live a good life. But, if I would really think about it, I've had a sin-filled life.
Just like the sinful woman in Luke 7, those that have lived a hard life love better because they've been forgiven of much. I think of those in the popular culture like Stephen Baldwin, Ma$e, leadsinger of Day of Fire, leadsinger of Seventh Day Slumber, etc. These people have lived on the other side and they have come to know Christ as their savior just recently.
I never lived on the other side. I'm good. I do good things. I go on mission trips. I teach at a Christian school. I am faithful to my wife and care for my child. I don't go out drinking or gambling. Why do I need forgiveness? Why did Christ die for me? I'm not filthy? Am I? Yes, I am. I fall short of the glory of God and need to be washed of my sins. I am more like Simon than I will admit (although I'm admitting a lot right now.)
God, give me the grace to know that I am in need of your mercy and I was the reason Your son had to give his own life so I could be bought.
Sunday, June 12, 2005
Me and Simon
Posted by Coach Harsh at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment